VEHICLES ABLE TO DO RIC JOBS:
Hello and welcome to Richmond International Airport (RIC). We are a convenient and smooth operating airport that allows for easily accessible routes from Interstate 64. Below are some notes to assist you in visiting our airport with ease for your clients.
Directions to the airport:
I-64 is the most direct way to get to RIC from points directly west (Charlottesville) or east.
- Follow signs to stay on I-64E
- Take exit 197A - VA-156 S/S Airport Dr in Sandston
- Follow S Airport Dr to Federal Rd
This is a straight shot after you exit from I-64E - stay on this road through the traffic lights. You will simply continue straight through to the airport.
***IMPORTANT*** Some GPS devices will advise you to take exit 195 onto S Laburnum Ave - THIS IS NOT INCORRECT - GPS devices will simply look for the “shortest” route. The directions are S Laburnum Ave to a left onto Route 60W then a right onto Lewis Rd to a merged left onto Norman Rd. This takes you straight to the entrance for arrivals and departures.
This route should only be taken if I-64E has extremely heavy traffic. This route can add up to 10 minutes to the drive unless avoiding an accident or abnormally heavy traffic on 64.
- Follow I-64E
- Merge onto I-295 via exit 177
- Take exit 31B to VA-156 S/N Airport Dr
- Follow VA-156 as directed above
- As you approach, you will see a sign and a merge lane to the left for “Terminal - Arrivals/Departures - P Hourly Daily”
- Merge left to follow sign for Arrivals/Departures - See image
- Stay straight over bridge and past “Daily Parking”
- Merge right where road splits between “Departures” and “Arrivals” but stay in the left hand lane
- Follow signs for “Commercial Vehicles” - See image
- Go through gate and transponder on windshield will open the gate - see image
- Park in sections marked for taxis/limos not for airport shuttles
- You may go inside the terminal with your sign to meet your client
- Lock car - do not leave it running
As you approach, stay left to follow sign for departures (road rises to second floor of building)
Follow the road to the appropriate door - may need to ask client which airline they are flying out. Don’t drop client off far away from the appropriate door - inconvenient and frustrating for client
Pull in commercial vehicle entrance (left hand exit as approach Arrivals). Park in line with other for-hire vehicles. If you reach short or long term parking you have gone too far. Circle around and try again. Do NOT park in short term parking or paid parking lot. Go inside stand next to escalator with sign.